As part of the Make Smoking History program, our partner community, health and corrective services are guided through a Make Smoking History project.
We work alongside each service on an organisational-wide project to meet the following aims:
1. To provide everyone at the service with access to quit smoking information and support; and
2. To increase smoke-free areas at the service.
The desired outcomes of each project at a service are to:
- Implement and promote a comprehensive smoking policy
- Promote a smoke-free culture
- Expand smoke-free environments
- Build capacity and confidence of staff to address smoking
- Embed quit smoking support into processes and procedures
- Monitor and evaluate provision of quit smoking support
We work with our partners to identify strategies that reach these outcomes, and each strategy is tailored to be specific to the service’s needs. The project ensures that the changes made are sustainable by being integrated into existing service delivery, easy to access for staff and clients, and make a positive impact.